Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The One with the Romantic Getaway


If it wasn't obvious already, when I said in my previous post that me and the husband are jetting off to the island paradise of Gods, of course we meant BALI!

I haven't been to Bali in quite a while now, so despite my anxiousness of leaving my kids behind (in the capable hands of my parents and our nanny), I'm also very excited to be able to go and spend some quality time with the husband.


On the 14th, after dropping off my eldest to school, we head off to the airport. We took the early afternoon flight with Garuda. I must say, the Terminal 3 airport at Soekarno-Hatta is pretty decent, although there's still quite a bit needs to be done.

The whole flight was smooth and we arrived in Bali on time. Then we took an uber to our hotel, SOFITEL NUSA DUA. During check in, while I was minding my own business (calling and checking in with my kids back home), a few hotel staff approached us with a couple of flower garlands and drinks. They said that my husband and I have been chosen by the hotel as their Guest of the Day, therefore they present us with so many cool perks. And being a member of Accor group doesn't hurt either. We get to dine at any restaurants within the hotel 50% off! Go apply for Accor membership now!


After checking into our room (we got the private plunge pool view), we decided to take a stroll around the hotel and through the Nusa Dua beach. It was a pretty quite afternoon, it wasn't crowded at all.


A few families can be seen lazing around the pool and the beach area. We would've joined on their lounging parade if it weren't for the issue I'm experiencing

........

I accidentally bend my sunglasses.

It got so annoying as it hurt my right ear, I literally nag my husband to take me to the nearest mall so I can get them fixed ASAP at the optics.

So we took a shuttle bus to Bali Collection, it rained hard for a while, so we ducked into the nearest store (turned out it was a market so we stocked up on Bintang Radlers and some munchies). And then we eventually found an optic to get my sunglasses fixed (hallelujah!). Then rain started to drizzle again. By the time we're done it was almost 7.30pm so we took another shuttle bus back to our hotel, order in room service (the food was bomb!) and hit the sack - if you know what I mean.


Day 2 my husband rented a car for us to drive around Bali with. Mini Cooper! We've loved Mini Coopers for God knows how long, but we just haven't exactly put our mind to actually purchasing one for ourselves yet. The reason is mainly because, it wouldn't make any sense because it's not suitable for a family car. Anyway. Digressing a little bit here.

It was a perfectly perfect sunny day on the 15th. We had breakfast at the hotel's coffee shop (Sofitel had the best array of breakfast buffet I've ever tasted!) and then off we go in our -rented- little Mini Cooper car. We head to Cafe Batu Jimbar (because my mother wants some of their brownies) at Sanur. Then we drove our way to Seminyak area for lunch at The Hotel Mexicola!





Now, one thing you need to know about me is that I love Mexican food. No, not the Tex-Mex kind (although they're okay occasionally). I'm talking about the real deal Mexican feast. I love me some authentic guac and chips, baja tacos and chorizos. I got all of them at this restaurant. They're serving authentic style Mexican food, which tasted excellent. The whole restaurant's ambience also reflected the Mexican scene to the T. We ordered the Baja (basically means fried battered fish) tacos, the Guacamole and fried tortilla chips, and of course the Chorizo Quesadillas. We washed it all down with some watermelon-coconut-mint juice.

Then, we decided to get dessert elsewhere. So before heading to our next destination, we took a stroll around Seminyak area for a little bit of shopping for the kids. There are many boutiques selling adorable kids stuff, so you might want to check them out if you're in Bali and you got kids. Bought quite a few stuff at Kids-A-Go-Go.

Before we know it, rain started to pour again. Hard. I suggested to my husband we'll wait it out at Biku because I'm craving for their Scones and Jam. Lo and behold. Biku were closed for renovation (so bummed!). So we went to our second option - Sisterfields. Their carrot cake and salted caramel milkshakes were the bomb dot com!

After what seems to be eternity, the rain started to slow down a bit. And it was almost 6pm anyway, so my husband suggest we just head to Kuta and stroll around there before our 8pm restaurant appointment at Jamie's Italian Kitchen.


The food was amazing. We had the Charcuterie Plank, Calamari Fritti and the Pizza Margarita over some cold beers. A perfect meal to end the day.



Day 3.. On our last day, we woke up late and spend the morning at the pool. It was a bit cloudy which was a shame because it would've been a beautiful morning. Then we had breakfast before we finish packing up getting ready to head to the airport.

It was a short yet sweet vacation. I think we both really relaxed and basically enjoying each other's company. But we couldn't wait to go back to our kids. We'll be back again soon most definitely. With the kids next time around.

***

Until our next travel adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment